The Galita Chocolate Farm is a charming place, located on Kibbutz Deganya Bet in the Jordan Valley, approximately 300 meters from the shores of the Kinneret. The farm is housed in a lovely old stone building that functioned as the first cowshed of the Kibbutz about 85 years ago! Snuggled between the banana groves and the luscious lawns, Galita offers a sensory pleasurable experience and true heaven for chocolate lovers!
Included in the Galita Chocolate Farm experience are;
• A film depicting the story of chocolate- from the fruit on the tree to the chocolate melting in your mouth,
• Plaques relaying legends and tales related to chocolate,
• Chocolate workshops that teach participants how to work with raw materials so as to produce chocolate at home. The workshops are designed for groups and last three hours.
• A factory outlet that includes a display window where one can view the factory in action,
• A coffee bar with a variety of delicious treats, including homemade ice-cream.
address: Kibbutz Deganya Bet
Open Hours: Sep-Apr Sun-Thu, Sat & Holidays 10:00-18:00 (in the intermediary days of Sukkot it is open until 19:00), Fri 10:00-17:00, Apr (from the intermediary days of Pesach)-Sep Sun-Thu 10:00-19:00, Fri 10:00-18:00, Sat & Holidays 10:00-19:00
Categories : Attractions