Tel aviv Tours
For those interested in organized tours of Tel Aviv, there is no shortage of excellent tours available.
• The Association for Tourism of Tel Aviv-Jaffa is responsible for the free walking tours of Old jaffa that take place on Wednesdays and start from the clock tower on Yefet Street, which one can get to via the number 10 bus from Tel Aviv. For more information call the Tel Aviv Tourist Information Office on 03-516-6188
• There are fantastic tours offered in English of the Neve tzedek neighborhood and the Bauhaus areas of the city by the Association for Tourism of Tel Aviv-Jaffa too. These tours are for a fee and advanced booking is a requirement.
• The Jaffa Visitor Centre, located at the centre of the restored area of Old Jaffa gives out free maps of Old Jaffa that also contain historical information, allowing for self-guided tours. There is also an option to rent from them self-guided audio tours for forty-five shekels. The Centre is open Sun-Thu, 9:00-18:00.
• The Israel Tourist Information Office, located at 7 Mendele Street, gives out free municipal maps with four self-guided walking tours marked out. There are signs along the way to help you. Their number is 03-520-7600.
• The Bauhaus Centre offers tours based on the architecture that Tel Aviv is famous for on Saturdays at 11:00. Call to reserve a spot.
• The Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel also gives group guided-tours of Tel Aviv in the English language. Day tours cost between 80 and 300 shekels per person. Sometimes Saturday tours are free. They are situated at 85 Nahalat Binyamin Street and can be reached at 03-566-0960 or at 03-638-8625 for information about their English-language tours. It is possible to book places through their American Friends of SPNI Website (www.aspni.org). Most tours are given in Hebrew but quite often the guide will be happy to translate briefly in English.
• For 24 shekels, one can enjoy a boat tour from the Jaffa Port to the Tel Aviv Marina and back on Saturdays. Kef (03-682-9070) or Sababa (03-681-6739) should be called in order to make reservations.